Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Growth and aging

These flowers were a gift from a colleague.  Neither of us knew how big they'd grow.  And boy did they grow!













Check it out!






Last year they were as tall as the stake (with the wooden cap, on the right).




You can't see Clare in this picture because she is bringing in a few blossoms for the table.












I finally got a shot of the garden looking florally at its best.  Nice to see the morning glories open with the sunflowers at long last.  Later in the day they look a little raggedy.  The August garden is aging.  The weeds are winning when it gets too hot to motivate myself to get out there.  With the morning glory leaves open they cover a lot.  :)












They did grow up my shepherd's hooks like I wanted though.  And I like them with the fuschia.

Gardens are like kids - you plant and water and do your best.  Sometimes they suddenly grow like crazy and surprise you.  Sometimes you wish you'd given them more attention.  And they are all full of growth and beauty and wonder.










Sunny thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment